Foods to eat food for strong and healthy nails
Some of the best foods for strong and healthy nails?
Discolored or brittle nails not only look bad but are also indicative of your body lacking in nutrition. Fortunately, it is easy to get healthy nails with the help of a proper diet.
Here is a list of 10 best foods you can eat for strong and healthy nails.
- Beans – Rich in protein, beans also contain several nutrients such as biotin, iron, and zinc that are essential for good nail health. Easy to cook and available in different varieties, you should have no problem adding beans to your diet. Try kidney beans, pinto beans, and green beans
- Eggs – Full of proteins, calcium, biotin, and vitamins E and A, an egg is an excellent food for healthy nails
- Green peas – Peas contain proteins, and beta carotene and both make nails stronger
- Carrots – Vitamin A in carrots can aid nail health. Versatile to use, try to eat healthy servings of carrots either raw or roasted, in rice dishes and soups
- Whole grains – Eat whole grains like brown rice, oats, buckwheat, rye, and barley to keep your nails shine with good health. These grains are rich in biotin and other B vitamins, protein and vitamin A
- Banana – Bananas contain zinc, silica and vitamin B6 that are needed for healthy nails
- Pumpkin seeds – Easily available in supermarkets, eat a handful of pumpkin seeds every day for strong nails. An excellent source of zinc, which the body needs for healthy nails, the mineral also aids body’s protein making processes. This ultimately is also helpful in keeping nails healthy
- Sweet potatoes – An excellent source of beta carotene, sweet potatoes can help prevent the formation of brittle nails. The body converts beta carotene into vitamin A, which the body needs for healthy nails
- Greens vegetables – Vegetables like asparagus and broccoli are good sources of vitamin A. Leafy greens like spinach and others are rich in iron. Both these nutrients help keep nails healthy
- Almonds – Rich in proteins and vitamin E, eating almonds can protect your nails
Mainly, eat a diet rich in proteins, zinc, iron, and vitamins A and B for healthy nails.